Does your business have a clearly defined product innovation strategy?
Is your development pipeline full of high-value and strategically important development projects?
This masterclass led by Dr. Robert Cooper, creator of the Stage-Gate® process, will cover practical methods for defining objectives and goals and show you how to translate these into your organisation's innovation strategy through interactive exercises, case studies, and Q&A opportunities.
You will leave this session with knowledge of how to:
- Develop a product innovation strategy that will impact your innovation performance.
- Define your strategy and select the right markets, technologies and projects.
- Create strategic product and technology roadmaps.
- Effectively review gates and portfolios through use of tools and techniques.
- Rank and prioritise projects
- Use strategic buckets to allocate resources to support your strategy.
Date: 26-27 April 2018
Location: Hilton Hotel City Centre, Cambridge, UK
+44 (0)753 566 9017
A Quick Overview
Thursday, 26th April
Product Innovation Strategy and Strategic Portfolio Management - selecting the right projects and platforms, and implementing this into your business.
Begin with your goals, and learn how to decide which markets, technologies and products will help you to deliver results to your organisation.
Friday, 27th April
Master the five goals necessary for effective portfolio management:
- Selecting the right projects for your development pipeline
- Ensure strategic alignment
- Achieve a balanced portfolio
- Ensure portfolio sufficiency versus your overall product innovation goals.
- Ensure your number of projects vs. resources is balanced and achievable.
This masterclass provided valuable and actionable information that I can bring back to my organization to facilitate process changes and improvements.
An intense day with theory, pragmatic solutions, and introspection into things we can try over the short term and longer term.
Dr. Cooper, 'The Godfather of Stage-Gate,' does an exceptional job educating us on real life examples of the implementation of the agile method do's and don’t's.
This masterclass provided several easy-to-apply methods that could immediately be implemented, along with several others that I can take back to management to examine how they may be fit into existing processes.
About The Moon on a Stick
The Moon on a Stick is an innovation management firm that guides people through a journey that makes innovation simpler to understand and use.
As a business we have in excess of 50 years experience in the innovation spaces with companies such as Marks and Spencer, Unilever, Mars, Ford, CPL and Boots Healthcare International.
For more information on what we do, and how we could help you, have a conversation with us by calling +44 (0)7535 669017 or writing to email@example.com.